Did all my American readers eat wings and gauc and dip last night? I don’t even watch the Super Bowl but I try not to let that get in the way of my buffalo chicken consumption.
Weekend eats highlights –
We actually had dinner reservations at Evelina last night; a little Italian place with no tv, big screen or otherwise. I had a fun Cordelia cocktail – mezcal, malted banana, pressed lime, and Coco Lopez.
We shared two yummy salads to start. Italian radicchio with roasted grapes, almonds, Blue di bufala, and vin cotto.
Roasted beets with Fuji persimmon, house smoked ricotta, and hazelnut.
Sadly our entrees were disappointing. My cacio e pepe risotto with white shrimp was a major letdown.
But that meant that we ended up grabbing pizza on the way home; buffalo chicken is never a letdown!
I worked the weekend so most of my food was in snack form. Two superior combos of iced coffee and chocolate milk.
This citrus medley yogurt from Trader Joe’s is fantastically creamy and sweet, especially with sumo mandarin segments mixed in.
Potato wedges from the cafeteria – gotta get in that blue cheese.
And one morning Adam drove me into work and we went on a breakfast date at the Orwashers in the new Whole Foods 365. Best chocolate croissant of all time!
Random television musings –
- My two favorite shows this season – The Good Place and Agents of Sheild
- My least favorite new show – 9-1-1
- The old show I am loving and tearing through seasons of at a disturbing clip – Cougar Town
Valentine’s freebie FYIs –
- If you visit Godiva stores on Sunday, February 11th they’ll give you one free piece of chocolate while supplies last (no purchase required)
- Aunt Annie’s is selling heart shaped pretzels buy-one-get-one-free on the 14th if you download their app
- Not free and just for New Yorkers – FYI, Doughnut Plant is selling adorable rose shaped doughnuts right now and usually they have heart-shaped ones on Valentine’s