This casserole is toasty and creamy and begs for thirty just-one-more-bites. Feel free to skip the baking step and serve as a salad if you’re short on time.
Yield: 4 servings; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (raw) brown rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1.5 heaping cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 12 oz tempeh, chopped
- 3/4 cup nayonaise
- 1 cup green salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Place nuts in skillet with a pinch of salt. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly. When the nuts are just starting to smell toasty they’re done.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to incorporate. Pour into a greased 8×8 casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
4 thoughts on “Tempeh Brown Rice Casserole”
Pingback: Challenge Check Ins | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Feeling Blue | Eating Chalk
It looks superyumful and easy and great as a leftover too. I want to top it with crushed potato chips, like the casseroles I had as a kid. 🙂 Thanks for the recipe!
I hope you enjoy it!