This broccoli salad utilizes some of our favorite pantry staples (Korean chili flakes, smoked almonds, canned fish) to load itself with smoky flavor with minimal hands-on time.
Prep/Assembly Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 50 minutes; Yield: 6 diner-sized servings
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp evoo
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium jalopeno, halved with seeds removed
- 1 bunch parsley (cut off the bottom half of the stems but you can leave the leaves intact on the stems)
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded aged Gouda
- 4 oz canned smoked sardines
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 heaping Tbsp gochugaru
- 15 oz can great northern beans, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Farenheit and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place broccoli on your prepared sheet and top evenly with red onion. Season with salt. Bake 35 minutes uncovered, then 15 minutes covered. Once finished roasting, place into a large bowl.
- While your broccoli cooks heat evoo in a small pan over medium heat. Add garlic and jalopeno and cook until browned and begining to blister, taking care not to burn the garlic. Allow to cool slightly before placing into your food processor.
- Along with the cooked jalopeno add parsley, almonds, cheese, sardines, honey, and gochugaru to food processor. Add 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup water as needed and process until smooth.
- Combine cooked broccoli, prepared sauce, beans, and dried cherries. Toss to coat. Serve warm.