Inspired by my favorite dish (nachos!), these burgers are perfectly juicy and cheesy. The flavor is spot on but these are a heck of a lot healthier than the original. If you’re looking for more of a flavor-punch, substitute extra sharp cheddar cheese or add a few tsp of minced jalapeños. If you don’t have a grill pan any old saute pan will do, you just won’t have those fun marks.
Yield: 8 small burgers; Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb 94% fat-free ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 60 grams crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup medium, chunky style salsa
- 3/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1 tsp evoo
- 8 hamburger buns
- guacamole (optional)
- sliced cheddar (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg, chips, salsa, and cheese until a homogenous mixture is achieved. Use your hands to shape into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Heat evoo in a grill-pan over medium-high heat. Working in small enough batches as to not overcrowd the pan add patties to pan.
- Cook burgers until browned and fully cooked through; 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve cooked burgers and top as desired.