This take on pesto has a slightly lighter taste than the original. The peas bulk up it up and help you get a little more bang for your caloric buck. This pesto is great as a sandwich spread or tossed with pasta. And it’s a snap to make; easy peasy even!
Yield: 6 – 8 servings; Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 10 oz frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place peas and oil in food processor and process until homogenous, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.