You can’t go wrong with breakfast inspired by a candy bar. This oatmeal bake has all the flavors of an Almond Joy – almonds, coconut, and dark chocolate.
Yields: 4 – 6 servings; Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced honey roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet and a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray.
- Spread coconut in a thin, even layer on prepared cookie sheet. Toast, baking 7 – 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the edges have started to brown. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, chocolate chips, toasted coconut, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, coconut milk, and eggs.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Let soak 5 minutes before pouring into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, until firm and dry and golden brown.
One thought on “Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal”
Pingback: Weekend Wrap-Up; I’ve Got Recipes To Share | Eating Chalk