Can you ever go wrong with s’mores? This dip brings together graham crackers, chocolate and toasted marshmallows with cream cheese; a winning union. The cream cheese brings a bit of tang that keeps the dip from being too sweet. It pairs nicely with Teddy Grahams, pretzel sticks, and apple slices.
Yield: 1 medium-sized dip; Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 8 oz 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 20 toasted marshmallows*
- 4 sheets graham cracker, crushed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place softened cream cheese and toasted marshmallows in a medium bowl. Use a mixer on medium speed to mix until homogenous.
- Use a spatula to fold in crushed graham cracker and mini chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately or pull from the fridge a bit before serving so the dip can come up to room temperature.
*If you have a broiler – lay the marshmallows on a sprayed cookie sheet and then place under the broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You’ll need to watch the marshmallows carefully because they can go from toasty to burnt in a matter of seconds.
If you don’t have a broiler – it is possible to toast marshmallows in the oven (or over a grill if you’ve got one!). Lay them on a sprayed cookie sheet and place them in your oven at the highest temperature it allows. Cooking times will vary.