Inspired by Thai iced coffee, this treat is sweet but strong and may be best for coffee lovers. I recommend brewing the coffee the night before and placing it in the fridge to cool. Each serving contains less than 200 calories.
Yield: 6 servings; Hands on time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 8 hours
- 6 heaping Tbsp espresso roast ground coffee
- 3 cups water
- 14 oz can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- Place grounds and water in coffee maker of choice and brew according to manufacture’s instructions. Remove finished coffee from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coffee and sweetened condensed milk until homogenous.
- Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 inch glass casserole dish and place in the freezer.
- Freeze 8 hours or until fully frozen. Use a fork to break up the mixture every 2 hours or so, scraping the tines through until you’ve achieved a texture similar to wet sand.
- Serve immediately. Slush will keep in the freezer indefinitely but you may need to use a blender to break it up if you wait more than 1 – 2 days to serve.