These greens are a little salty, a little sweet, and a lot healthy.
Serves: 4; Prep Time: 2 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 6 cups fresh collard greens
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (with juice)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, working in small batches so as not to crowd the pan, cook bacon until done.
- Remove bacon from pan. Roughly chop.
- Place collard greens and chicken stock in skillet with bacon grease. Steam-sautee until softened and all liquid is gone.
- Add pineapple to collards and cook another 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Return chopped bacon to skillet and toss to combine.
Note – If using a low-sodium chicken stock you may wish to add a pinch of salt to the greens as they cook.