Inspired by the great dips of Super Bowl party fame, but completely vegan. This casserole is stuffed full of veggies but tastes like a big handful of tortilla chips. It will not necessarily* come out in squares like a typical casserole, but the flavor is worth the mess. *If you make ahead and allow the casserole to cool you will be able to serve it in pretty, perfect squares.
Yield: 4 servings; Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tightly packed cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1.5 cups pre-cooked, chopped veggies (Use whatever you’ve got leftover, but we did green squash and broccoli and that’s what I’d recommend if you’re starting from scratch.)
- 16 oz of your favorite variety of mild salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.. Lightly grease an 8×8 casserole with cooking spray.
- Carefully fill casserole with 7 layers, spreading each layer out smoothly. Start with spinach on the bottom followed by corn – onion – chips – avocado – veggies – and finally salsa on top.
- Bake 30 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Seven Layer Casserole”
Pingback: See If They’ve Got Any Chocolate Bananas, Foster | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Cook Book, Cookies, Chicago Fire | Eating Chalk