This dish is a great way to bring tofu hates over to the light side. The marinade has a good balance of sweet and tangy and the coconut crust gets pleasingly crispy. Reserve the leftover marinade to use in the cooking liquid for your next grain (my favorite is coconut barley).
Yield: 3 servings; Prep Time: 2+ hours; Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 3/4C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 of a can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2C rice vinegar
- Mix coconut milk and rice vinegar in a shallow tupperware.
- Take the prepared tofu and cut into 9 slices.
- Marinate tofu for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- (After marination is done) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit, and prep a baking sheet with foil and baking spray.
- Place the coconut flakes in a shallow bowl and drudge tofu slices through.
- Place coconut-crusted tofu on the prepared sheet and bake for 25 minutes.