Banana Split – n, a sundae creation of ice cream, banana, nuts, fudge, and a cherry on top. It’s been years since I’ve actually eaten a banana split, but they always sound good in theory. And anything that sounds good in theory sounds good in cupcake form!
Yield: 12 cupcakes; Prep Time: 30 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large bananas, well mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 12 Tbsp hot fudge sauce
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 oz vanilla bean ice cream, fully melted
- maraschino cherries
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line a cupcake tray with 12 paper liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mashed banana, white sugar, egg, and melted butter. Stir to combine, then fold in flour mixture and mix just until smooth. Fold in walnuts.
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway with batter. Spoon 1 Tbsp fudge sauce into each cup. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow cupcakes to completely cool before icing.
- While cupcakes are cooling, use an electric mixer to beat together softened butter, powdered sugar, and melted ice-cream. (This icing will keep best if stored in the fridge rather than at room temperature).
- Ice cupcakes then top with cherries and sprinkles as desired.
One thought on “Banana Split Cupcakes”
Pingback: na na na na na na na na BANANA | Eating Chalk