A fun twist on the original, the salty, cheesy flavor of Cheez-its brings something new to the Puppy Chow Party.
Yields: 8 servings; Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cool Time: 10 minutes
- 2.5 cups corn squares cereal
- 2 cups Cheez-its
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Place powdered sugar into a large sealable food-storage plastic baggie and set aside. Prepare a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chocolate and peanut butter into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring regularly, until fully melted.
- Use a spatula to fold cereal and crackers into melted peanut butter and chocolate until evenly coated.
- Place mix into powdered sugar bag, seal, and shake until squares are evenly coated.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a thin even layer. Let dry, 1o minutes or so. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.