The love child of a cookie and a biscuit, these would be perfect for appetizers or dessert. The texture is more cake-like than crumbly and the flavor is just a bit sweet.
Yield: 2 dozen; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add hummus and mix until incorporated. Add egg and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a side bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet, mixing just until combined.
- Spoon Tbsp sized balls of dough into even rows on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 13 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch.