The love child of a cookie and a biscuit, these would be perfect for appetizers or dessert. The texture is more cake-like than crumbly and the flavor is just a bit sweet.
Yield: 2 dozen; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add hummus and mix until incorporated. Add egg and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a side bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet, mixing just until combined.
- Spoon Tbsp sized balls of dough into even rows on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 13 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
One thought on “Savory Surprise Hummus Cookie”
I appreciate the thought that was put into this recipe by the person who published it. That being said, do not try this recipe. This is not an insult to the person who made the recipe; rather, I tried baking these cookies, and hummus + cookies = BAD combination. Unless someone else made this recipe and it tasted good, I just didn’t think these cookies tasted good … I didn’t even bring them to the dinner party I was invited to.