These rolls are a fun, less greasy take on jalapeño poppers. They come together quickly and work alongside dinner or as an appetizer. Daredevils can use fresh jalapeños though I do recommend cutting back on the amount. Wimps who want something cheesy with just a bit of spice may want to substitute banana peppers.
Yield: 8 rolls; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz package Pillsbury Crescent Seamless Dough Sheet
- 4 oz 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 T jarred jalapeño juice
- 1/2 cup jarred, pickled sliced jalapeños, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to blend together cream cheese and jalapeño juice.
- On a clean, flat workspace, roll out seamless dough sheet.
- Use a spatula to spread jalapeño cream cheese in a thin, even layer on dough. You don’t want to leave a border, spread the cream cheese to the edges of the dough.
- Place jalapeños in rows on top of cream cheese. Leave about half an inch between each row and do not overlap the jalapeños.
- Sprinkle cheese in an even layer on top of jalapeños.
- Carefully roll up the dough, as if you were rolling up a yoga mat. Slice rolled dough into 8 pieces.
- Place rolls on prepared cookie sheet, leaving a bit of space between them so they have room to rise.
- Bake at 375* for 18 – 20 minutes until golden.