This dish is so simple that it is more an idea than a recipe. I considered taking away its page, but I like showcasing a meal that is super easy and filling but still healthy. If you decide to use leftover (cold) pasta it will be a little bit harder to stir everything together but the arugula will wilt just fine in the oven.
Yields: 4 entree-sized servings; Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz short-cut pasta
- 7 oz arugula
- 10 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 7 oz prepared pesto
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, then return to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot with cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour into an 8×8 inch casserole dish and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until the top is browned and crispy.