This meatloaf is juicy, satisfying, and studded with cheese. You can sauté your onion in advance and this will be ready for the oven in less than 10 minutes. Use whichever bbq sauce is your family’s favorite, I recommend one that is sweet and smoky.
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 70 minutes; Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tsp evoo
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 2 heaping Tbsp bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 ounce fresh chives, minced
- 5 oz sharp cheddar, cubed
- Prepare an 8×8 casserole dish with baking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until softened and beginning to brown, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine remaining ingredients – including cooked onion – in a large bowl. Shape the meat into a loaf and place in prepared dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
2 thoughts on “Cheddar BBQ Turkey Meatloaf”
Pingback: Pastrami Smoked Salmon On Sourdough | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Chocolate “Cheesecake” Oatmeal | Eating Chalk