I love Jordan almonds, but sometimes munching through them can be a bit hard on the mouth. These cookies have all the flavor and fun of Jordan almonds but without the jaw workout! The cookies and soft and chewy with a nice almond flavor. The processed almonds give them a bit of grit, like pecan sandies. I used a Valentine’s mix in mine but you could use another set of colors for a different event. I’m not sure if a mixed pack would look good as the colors may be a bit muddy.
Yield: 36 cookies; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 12 – 14 minutes
- 1 cup Jordan almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350*. Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Pour Jordan almonds into the bowl of your food processor and process for 1 minute. Pick out any large chunks that remain and set processed almonds aside.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg and almond extract.
- Stir flour, salt, and baking powder into the dough.
- Fold processed almond into the dough.
- Roll scant Tbsp-sized pieces of dough into balls and place in evenly spaced rows on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 – 14 minutes. Cookies will not brown, but the tops should become slightly firm to the touch.
One thought on “Jordan Almond Cookies”
Can you place a Jordan almond on top before baking?