These are easy, healthy and oh so tasty! These patties are actually Adam’s favorite of all my recipes. They would be the perfect thing for any newbie veggie-head who’s missing chicken wings (or burgers!).
Yields: 4 – 6 servings; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- (2) 15.5oz cans reduced-sodium black beans
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 Tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 450*. Foil and spray 2 baking sheets.
- Empty bean cans into a colander and rinse thoroughly – this is a heart healthy step that helps to further reduce the sodium in this recipe.
- Pour rinsed beans and 2 cups wing sauce into a blender and puree. If you have a rickety blender you may want to do this in two batches.
- Empty blender into a large mixing bowl. Add rest of wing sauce and eggs and stir. Stir in panko and cheese.
- Using your hands, form 12 patties out of the bean mixture.
- Put patties on prepared sheets and bake for 20 minutes. It is not necessary to flip the patties during baking.
9 thoughts on “Buffalo Blue Bean Burgers”
Pingback: The Devil Went Down to Georgia… « Eatventures
Pingback: Confessions XI | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Buffalo Blue Cheese Black Bean Burgers, From Yesterday | Eating Chalk
Pingback: My Year Is Off To A Good Start | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Cinnamon And Marshmallow In My Coffee | Eating Chalk
Pingback: The End Of Apple Month | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Tahini Rose | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Black Cherry, Black Bean | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Poppy, Peppermint, Pink Lady | Eating Chalk