[adapted from my S’mores Brownies]
Yield: 16 cups; Prep Time: 30 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes
ingredients for bottom layer
- 10 sheets graham crackers (4 rectangles = 1 sheet)
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
ingredients for top layer
- 2 squares Baker’s unsweetened chocolate
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg and 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 16 marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line two cupcake tins with 16 liners.
- Place graham crackers in a large freezer baggie and bang at them like crazy with a rolling-pin or sturdy plastic cup. A few chunks are ok, but overall you want crumbs. Add 2 Tbsp sugar to the bag and shake to combine.
- Place 5 Tbsp of butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until completely melted. Pour graham cracker crumbs into butter and stir until all of the crumbs are wet.
- Place 1 heaping Tbsp of graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Use your finger tips to gently press it down, forming a bottom crust. Set aside.
- Place baking chocolate and 6 Tbsp butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Do 30 second intervals on low-power, stirring regularly.
- Stir 1 cup sugar into melted chocolate-butter mixture. Allow to cool for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp of brownie batter into each cupcake liner.
- Press 1 marshmallow vertically into the center of each cup.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center of a brownie comes out clean.