- 1 package Al Fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 12oz frozen precooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large eggplant, chopped
- 4 cups okra, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and ¼ cups marinara sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450degrees F.
- Place okra, eggplant, and 1 T olive oil in a large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and spread veggies on a baking sheet. Bake for 20minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in pan and cook until warmed through and starting to brown, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Pour any excess water from the pan and add second T olive oil and sliced Al Fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausages. Cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and add veggies and marinara sauce to the pan. Toss to combine.
- Plate, and enjoy.
* Serves 4
* Roasting is an easy, low-fat cooking method that really brings out the flavor of the veggies. If needed, the veggies can be roasted and stored in the fridge up to three days in advance for a dinner that comes together in a snap.
* Shrimp does not need to be thawed prior to cooking. If using raw shrimp adjust time so that it get fully cooked.
* This meal is hearty enough to stand alone, but would pair well with brown rice or whole wheat pasta if desired.