With coconut and banana, this tapioca pudding is a tropical delight. It has the perfect balance of chew and cream and the bananas are little pillowy clouds floating throughout! Typically tapioca pudding involves an egg, but this vegan version is just as thick as the original.
Yield: 4 servings; Prep Time: 2 hours; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup small-pearl tapioca
- 13.66 oz can light coconut milk (aka 1 and 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place tapioca in a bowl with enough warm water to cover completely and soak for two hours.
- After 2 hours, drain tapioca.
- Combine coconut milk, sugar, salt, and drained tapioca in a small pot over medium-low heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add banana slices to the pot and cook another 5 minutes, stirring carefully. Cook until tapioca are translucent.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Move to a covered container and cool in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.