These won tons are a fun twist on jalapeño poppers. The filling is creamy with a little bit of crunch and just enough kick. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mince the jalapeños by hand and make the filling using a mixer. Each won ton has ~ 90 calories.
Yield: 24 wontons; Prep Time: 25 minutes; Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 2 oz jarred jalapeños, drained
- 1 Tbsp juice from jalapeño jar
- 8 oz Neufchâtel cheese (1/3 reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup Panko style bread crumbs
- 24 won ton wraps
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit. Prepare two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Use a food processor to pulse jalapeños until minced. Add jalapeño juice, cream cheese, and bread crumbs to processor and pulse until well combined.
- Lay out won ton wraps in a flat area, with a small bowl of water set nearby.
- Spoon a half Tbsp or so of filling into the center of each wrap.
- Wet a finger and run it along the edges of a wrap. Fold the wrap over diagonally, forming a triangle with filling in the center. Firmly press around the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining won tons.
- Place on prepared sheets and give the tops a spritz of cooking spray. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until crispy.