I won’t claim that these beans are Southern bbq good, but they are still pretty darn good! They are more smokey than sweet, and very thick. I recommend serving them on top a baked potato or a pile of grains.
Yield: 6 entree-sized servings; Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 15.5 oz can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well-mixed. Spoon into a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Smokey Maple Baked Beans”
Pingback: Challenge Check Ins | Eating Chalk
Pingback: Hot Dog! | Eating Chalk