This recipe has all the fun of pretzels with mustard at the ballpark, but with a healthier spin. If you don’t like the kick of traditional yellow mustard, feel free to substitute with your favorite variety.
Yield: 3 servings; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 40 minutes
This recipe was modified from a pretzel chicken recipe in an old Self magazine.
- 1.5 cups pretzels
- 12 oz of extra firm tofu, pressed and drained, cut into 8 slices
- 3 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400*. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine pretzels in a large plastic baggie and use a rolling-pin to pulverize to the texture of rough gravel. If using a food processor be very carefull not to over-process; you want pieces*, not pretzel flour. *see below
- Pour pretzel crumbs into a low, wide bowl. Mix milk, paprika, and mustard in a low, wide bowl and create a dipping assembly line.
- Dredge tofu pieces through the mustard mixture and then the pretzel, turning to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and cook 45 minutes.