This chicken feels fancy but it actually comes together quite easily. The Mediterranean-inspired flavors meld perfectly. If you don’t have smoked brown sugar you can use regular brown sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or 4 drops liquid smoke.
Yields: 2 – 4 servings; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 oz light feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 10 queen sized pimento-stuffed green olives
- medium lemon, juiced and zest (reserve both juice and zest)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp smoked brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place feta, capers, olives, and lemon zest into the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until well-combined and no large chunks remain.
- Using a serrated knife, slice into the side of each chicken breast until you are a quarter-inch from the other side. Basically you want to be able to open the breasts like little books.
- Open the chicken breasts and place into the baking dish. Spread filling mixture onto one side of each breast, then close the “books.” Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the chicken, then drizzle with lemon.
- Place baking dish into the oven and bake 40 – 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.