This recipe serves 2, but can easily be multiplied for more, even a whole dinner party. This is the perfect thing to do with leftover noodles and veggies. Feel free to mix up it up with different veggies or by adding a protein, just don’t mess with the sauce!
Yield: 2 servings; Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 oz dry linguine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2.5 tsp sugar
- (optional) dash red pepper flakes
- (optional) 1-2 Tbsp peanuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, tamari, vinegar, sugar, and red pepper flakes if using. You may want to microwave the bowl for 30 seconds or so to help loosen the peanut butter.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When 5 minutes of cooking time remain, add frozen veggies to the boiling water and stir. Drain and set aside when pasta is finished.
- Once pasta is cooked, heat canola oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add cooked pasta and veggies to the pan. Cook 3 – 5 minutes, until the noodles start to get a bit crispy.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss to combine. Continue cooking for 5 – 7 minutes, until desired consistency is reached. My family likes to cook it until the sauce starts to form a crust on the pasta, but this dish is ready to serve as soon as everything is tossed together.
- Serve and top with peanuts if desired.