…hands of blue <– name that show!
A short weekly wrap-up since my pictures were terrible, the two best from each category…
I made wonderful coffee this week with the help of Grady’s Cold Brew Bean Bags. Paired with 1) A coconut berry smoothie.
Hint of honey almond milk, frozen strawberries and blueberries, and coconut butter. I love the way the coconut doesn’t totally blend in and you end up with little pockets.
2) A surprisingly good omlette from the cafeteria.
Eggs with onions and peppers.
1) A mix of seafood items from the caf made me feel fancy.
Tuna salad sandwich, lobster bisque, and a honey tangerine from home.
2) A snack plate that was actually the first half of lunch; I had Vietnamesse food at a party later.
Pretzels, turkey jerky, and cinnamon apples.
1) The party was a goodbye party for my boss. I brought in cookies. Lavender chocolate caramel chip and my Smore’s Monster Cookies.
I ate way too much dough then stayed up half the night with a stomach ache/sugar high finishing the latest Kathy Reichs’ book.
2) More sugar?
I enjoyed these crispy m&m’s much more than I was expecting to.
1) Chipotle is always good.
White rice, pinto beans, veggies, corn and mild salsas, cheese, sour cream, and lettuce.
2) This salad, sans chips, was good too.
My take on a copycat of TGIFriday’s pecan-crusted chicken salad.
Copycat TGIF Pecan-Crusted Chicken Salad
- chicken tenders
- honey mustard – I used cranberry honey mustard which I highly recommend
- chopped toasted pecans
- baby spinach
- dried cranberries
- crumbled blue cheese
- canned mandarin oranges
- balsamic vinegarette
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour mustard and pecans into wide, shallow bowls.
- Dip chicken into mustard, then into pecans, pushing gently to help set the nuts (I only coated one side of my tenders).
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet, naked side down. Bake for 27 – 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Allow to cool before slicing.
- Assemble salads with toppings.
1) I bought these cards to brighten up my office for only 99 cents at Trader Joe’s.
2) I made up a joke! Adam hates me.
Could you identify the tv show from the quote?