I didn’t do the best job of photo taking this week, so instead let’s talk about food a bit. For funsies, 10 items I’ve been obsessing about recently –
- coffee – always
- plucots – I feel like my summer season of plum eating was way too short this year, I didn’t eat a single dinosaur plucot
- Insomnia Cookie – we’ve been getting cookie delivery way too often recently! But their s’mores cookie is chewy and loaded with marshmallows and I’m smitten
- grilled romaine lettuce – my aunt served this last weekend and it was mind-blowingly good
- chicken and waffles – I need to go back to Mother’s Ruin for their Cholula glazed version asap
- bubble tea – this winter I think I want to try to make an eggnog with boba happen
- cheesecake – I haven’t actually eaten cheesecake in months and months but it keeps popping up in my online scrolling and always sounds so delicious!
- okonomiyaki – I haven’t been able to get my Americanized version out of my mind
- cookie butter frozen yogurt – we had some last week at Red Mango (with mochi and cookie butter drizzle!) that was just fantastic
- homemade ice cream – another item that’s been dominating my online reading, mostly because Stella Parks keeps being the best at what she does
And here were the highlights of what I’ve actually been eating…
Coffee for the week = TJ’s French Roast.
I’m still having a moment with trail mix, I seriously eat at least one bag a day! I guess that probably should have been on my obsessions list!
Other snack specials included this new flavor of Luna Bar.
And really tasty french onion dip my aunt sent home with us.
The most exciting thing on earth, however, is that they sent us home with crab cakes!! Eaten with roasted brussel sprout and aioli.
I made a great casserole. Shredded chicken, black beans, cauliflower rice, onion, bell peppers, and green salsa, topped with an amazing tortilla chip and cojita cheese crumble.
What foods have you been obsessing about recently?