It’s already after 11 pm and the alarm is going off before 6 am tomorrow, yikes! This day needs a speedy post.
Workout – 40 minutes on the stationary bike at random level 6
Breakfast – Banana brulee yogurt.
In a small skillet I cooked a sliced banana with 1/2 Tbsp butter and 2 tsp brown sugar. I put the gooey, caramelized banana on top of a bowl of Wegman’s 0% Plain Greek Yogurt.
The sweet and tangy tastes went perfectly together.
Lunch – a bagel sandwich.
A cinnamon raisin Bagel Thin topped with jalapeño cream cheese and two slices of Applegate Farms smoked turkey.
I ate a slice of turkey in the morning as I was assembling my sandwich, it’s great.
I also had a Golden Delicious apple.
Snack – a mini bag of kettle corn.
Dinner – 2 oz of bow tie pasta with slices of roasted zucchini and peasy pesto (see below).
I love pesto so flipping much! Bow ties with pesto are one of my major food memories from my childhood. My aunt makes the best pesto I’ve ever had but she’s a great cook so that’s not surprising.
Peasy Pesto, makes 4 – 8 servings
- 10 oz frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place peas and oil in food processor and process until homogenous, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.
It was such a pretty green, I just couldn’t help taking pictures of it!