Cookie Sunday, could that be a thing now please? I had two today. But everything else was healthy. Now that we are trying to not be fat-fat-fatties we gotta keep things balanced.
The final serving of KIND maple granola (booo! We need more asap!) with chopped peach and plum and Lifeway coconut chia kefir.
Tortellini salad from the co-op.
I split a cookie with Adam at the grocery store.
Yes, we were back at the store, I’m unable to do my shopping in any less than twenty trips a week.
Dinner was great.
Buffalo chicken nuggets (I have a recipe for you below) with blue cheese for dipping,
and roasted broccoli.
I made us cookies for dessert.
no. 2 pencil’s single serve cookies (recipe actual makes 2 cookies) are genius, but I crunched the numbers and they have 360 calories each – not an everyday treat. But they were perfect for Cookie Sunday. <– is it a thing yet?
Buffalo Chicken Nuggets, serves 4
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- Put chicken pieces into a Tupperware and cover with buffalo sauce. Marinate at least 4 hours.
- Combine cornmeal and cornstarch in a large ziplock baggie. Add marinated chicken, seal bag, and shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat, add remaining oil to the pan as needed.
- Working in batches to avoid overcrowding, place chicken in pan, cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate covered with paper towels to rest before serving.