Three posts in one day?!? I’m on a roll! And since I didn’t have it together to eat before late afternoon, this is actually everything I ate today. Sidenote – my #2 goal for the next 30 days is to blog every single day/eat. My #1 goal? Involves my ass and the gym.
Since I waited too long to eat I was absolutely starving. I ended up eating a 6-inch tuna sub, with vinegar and red onions, while I cooked dinner.
It was tasty, and it kept me from gnawing my own arm off.
Dinner was a good’un. Quick, delicious, and it involved two brand-spanking-new recipes.
Emily- and husband-approved.
New recipe 1 was Nacho Turkey Burgers, makes 8 small burgers
- 1 lb 94% fat-free ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 60 grams crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup medium, chunky style salsa
- 3/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1 tsp evoo
- 8 hamburger buns
- guacamole (optional)
- sliced cheddar (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg, chips, salsa, and cheese until a homogenous mixture is achieved. Use your hands to shape into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Heat evoo in a grill-pan over medium-high heat. Working in small enough batches as to not overcrowd the pan add patties to pan.
- Cook burgers until browned and fully cooked through; 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve cooked burgers and top as desired.
New recipe 2 was served atop the burgers, Citrus Guacamole.
- 2 medium-sized ripe avocados
- 1 tomatillo, minced
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place avocados in a medium bowl and mash with a fork, leaving some chunks.
- Stir in tomatillo, lemon juice, and salt. Serve immediately.
Both recipes ended up turning out really well!
I love it when my kitchen experiments work out.
I had one nacho turkey burger, on a bun with citrus guacamole,
a serving of rice and beans (just rice with a can of black beans stirred in during the final minutes of cooking) topped with another dollop of guac,
and some roasted asparagus.
The citrus-salt theme was carried nicely throughout the entire meal.
For dessert I nibbled on a few chocolate covered pretzels.
We’re currently making our way through the “Aliens” movies, so “Aliens, 2” was our dinner entertainment. Webster thought it was thrilling.
He’s such a cutie.
So, about that hair cut. A month or so ago, this exchange took place on Yes I Want Cake –
Katie got her cut soon after, and it looked fantastic. I’d just given to Locks of Love, but after some time enjoying my new hair, I was ready. What do you think?
I love it!