Early Mornings

Two 5 am wake ups in a row make me a grumpy girl. But you’ve gotta do what you gotta do; particularly if you haven’t been doing what you have to do!

Monday morning the alarm rang at 5, I was up at 5:10, and I was finished working by 8. I even had time for breakfast.

A 0% Plain Oikos Greek Yogurt with 1 cup of Erewhon Cocoa Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, a sliced nectarine and a tsp of honey.

Adam will have eaten all of the cereal (which was bought with a free coupon from HLS) before I can pour another bowl, but this combo was great.

We went on a tour of the Meals and Wheels facility for class. They make more than 1,600 meals a day at the site we visited! The size of the kitchen equipment was insane.

The weather was warm enough to skip a cardigan and cool enough not to sweat like a river so it was the perfect opportunity to rock my frilly sleeved top.

That shirt is so fun.

Lunch was fun too, but also a failure.

The Strawberry Push Pop was great (duh!).

But they reformulated the Cool Mint Chocolate Clif Bar and I’m not a fan any more. It had a strange aftertaste and I ended up throwing it out halfway though.

The great pear made up for it though.

I swear that it tasted like vanilla!

I also bought an iced Americano with skim milk.

– – apparently I didn’t photograph that – –

We stayed at school later than usual and even with my coffee I was off the charts cranky by the time I got home. Thankfully I had this face waiting for me to get home and take it on a walk.

Don’t mind if I do, Webster.

The husband’s laptop broke recently and we’ve had to spend a lot of time and money (more than we can spare of both!) at the mall getting it fixed. The silver lining is that there’s froyo at the mall.

I got coconut and plain tart topped with lots of fruit and popping boba.

We ate grape leaves (two each) as an appetizer of sorts.

And had casserole leftovers with evoo and white cheddar for dinner.

When we ate this dish the first day I sort of hated it, but the taste has gotten significantly better with each serving.

I sat and stared at my computer for a while last night but I knew I wasn’t going to make any headway. Around 10 I determined that my best bet was to set another alarm for 5 and get myself to bed.

I slept, I got up (30 minutes later than planned), I worked, I finished, I’m ready.  But since my presentation is on dress code and personal hygiene I should probably go shower and gussy up!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s