Today’s mood progressed gradually, slowly moving from bad to good. It felt like I was peeling back layer after layer (probably as I was shaking off sleep!), getting more productive, more happy, more awake. The visual I kept picturing was the new trend of ombre hair; light at the tips progressing to darker roots.
Sidenote – I’m loving my short ‘do but this look is yet another reason I’m missing short hair. The main reason being big buns piling on the top of heads.
During the darker morning, as I slumped around the house feeling tired, I ate a big bowl of unphotographed popcorn with Earth Balance for breakfast. I want to blame popcorn for bettering my mood, but it was probably the long nap I took after eating it.
My dreams have been crazy lately and sleep hasn’t been very restful. But on an exciting note, I think I might be a sleeper agent as all of my nights of late have been spent as a cop, CIA operative, or other fighter of crime. After a rejuvenating nap this morning I was ready to take on the day. Good meals, schoolwork done, peppy attitude.
Lunch was my new favorite sandwich. A Sandwich Thin with mustard and 3 oz of tempeh.
I had to make a quick stop at the grocery and I rounded out the meal with a few stir fry veggies.
We’re doing another take-out challenge in March and I feel like I’ve got to hit up the hot bar while I can!
Dinner doesn’t look so hot, I agree, but I promise it was delicious.
1 serving of linguine with turnip greens, topped with a drizzle of evoo and a pile of this –
The mushroom sauce ended up even better than I was expecting. I will totally cop to licking my plate once my pasta was gone. Yields 16 ounces –
- 3 pints sliced white mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Earth Balance butter substitute
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp evoo
- 1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- Melt Earth Balance in a large pan over high heat.
- Add mushrooms and 1/4 tsp salt to pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Drain any excess water from the mushrooms and add 1 Tbsp of evoo and the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt to the pan. Cook an additional 10 minutes butter the mushrooms are beginning to brown*.
- Remove from heat and allow mushrooms to cool 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pour mushrooms into the bowl of your food processor. Process 3 – 4 minutes, until smooth, streaming in vegetable broth and remaining 3 Tbsp of evoo.
Adam’s out getting our taxes done but I’m excited to see what he thinks of dinner when he gets home. Speaking of the husband, there were more sightings this morning! My friends in another section of clinic ran into him at the hospital today and he even got to meet one of my favorite teachers.
Now I’ve got to get back to hitting those books! I finally started the work I’ve been ducking all week and I’d hate to lose momentum now.
What current hairstyle are you digging?