Yesterday I spent 3 hours standing in the 40* rain… It was fabulous.
Elmwood Avenue held its trick-or-treat session yesterday afternoon and since I’ve never gotten to give out candy before my store let me be in charge of that job.
I checked out all of the cute costumes, rocked my bunny ears, handed out candy (ate a lot too!), and froze my butt off.
When I got home from work I needed new socks, one of Adam’s sweatshirts, and a big bowl of something hot to warm me up. Good thing I had gotten the crock pot started before I left for work.
Pineapple Turkey Chili, serves 8
- 1 tsp evoo
- 1 lb 94% fat-free ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz can cannellini beans
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- Heat evoo in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients (including browned turkey) into crock pot and stir to combine.
- Set pot for 4 hours on the “high” setting.
P.S. I hope all my readers in the path of the Frankenstorm are doing alright!