February – Vegan Month Challenge
I’m not going to do the traditional recap; frankly, I’m not sure what to say. This was our least successful vegan challenge to date. We just weren’t in the right frame of mind to take on the challenge that month. I was in a cooking rut and a perpetual bad mood. But the one thing I know I can’t blame our failure on is lack of tasty vegan options. The successful part of the challenge was the great new vegan recipes I’ve added to my repertoire. Here are some of my new favorites –
And if you’re interested in my other vegan options, check out my newest recipe page!
March – “March Back Home,” No Take-out Challenge
March Back Home March is very similar to No Take-out ‘Tober. Basically, our (crappy, unhealthy, expensive) food purchases have been out of control lately and we want to rein them back in. Here are the rules –
- no Wegman’s hot bar, period
- no take-out; meals that are not cooked at home must be eaten in the restaurant setting
- two predetermined restaurant meals are allowed per week
- Adam is allowed to purchase a maximum of two coffees per week (at the hospital)
- Emily is allowed to purchase a maximum of one drink per week; coffee, soda, juice or otherwise
- the last week of March the rules won’t apply because my mom will be visiting for spring break!!!
I’m excited to get back in the kitchen.