I didn’t have time to blog lunch. I also didn’t have time to make a lunch that wasn’t two bags of popcorn, but that’s another story. I didn’t have time, because instead of studying for my two looming tests I spent the day doing things like reading Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi from start to finish.
I shouldn’t really be blogging dinner, but I’m just too darn excited about this contest not to.
There’s a set of Peanut Butter and Co at stake and my Easy Peasy Peanut Noodles are a surefire win.
Easy Peasy Peanut Noodles, serves 2
- 1 cup prepared whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 tsp evoo
- 4 Tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Warm 1 tsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add veggies to the oil and cover. Cook 3-5minutes until steamed, stirring occasionally. If using fresh rather than frozen brocoli you may want to add a few Tbsps of water to help build steam. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining tsp of oil to the pan and increase heat to medium-high. Add pasta and stir-fry until starting to brown and crisp, stirring occasionally.
- While the veggies and pasta are cooking, prepare your sauce. Combine peanut butter through red pepper flakes in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15-45 seconds to help loosen. Whisk together with a fork.
- When noodles have reached doneness, return veggies to the pan. Pour sauce over the pasta and veggies and continue to cook 2-3minutes. Everything is done when the sauce starts to form a slight crust on the vegetables.
This dish is a little bit spicy, a little bit crunchy, and a whole lot peanut butter-y and delicious. It’s also the ultimate leftovers meal; you can pretty much use any kind of pasta or veggie you’ve got lying around the house. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it’s also a winner!
What’s your favorite way to eat peanut butter? Mine is this dish, followed closely by pb stirred into Greek yogurt or right off the spoon!
9 thoughts on “The Great Peanut Butter Expedition”
Should you have “peas” in this recipe? Just wondering…
so happy you’re excited about the contest! This looks great 🙂
looks delicious! I’ve been wanting to make peanut noodles for a while and I love the simplicity of this recipe 🙂 Good luck with the contest!
I love it stuffed in dates or the classic: pb and j!
This looks great, I love peanut noodles and your recipe looks simple! Thx for sharing!!
Pingback: Roundup: Peanut Butter Exhibition #10 – Things Are Heating Up! | The Peanut Butter Boy
This looks yummy! I am adding it to my to make list, Thanks!
Pingback: What I bookmarked this week | Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
Pingback: What I bookmarked this week | scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com