From the Redux team –
After the hustle and bustle of the holiday/vacation season, August is the time many families get ‘back to routine.’ Show us your favorite recipe to help families get ‘back to the dinner table.’ It might be a favorite family recipe from your childhood that you’ve ReDuxed; or maybe it’s your family’s current favorite. Let’s all gather back at the table!
I think that having a big container of shredded chicken ready in the fridge – whether it’s rotisserie chicken from the store or breasts that you’ve poached or slow-cooked yourself – is one of the easiest ways to make sure that a homemade dinner makes it to the table on busy nights.
Adam and I love chicken salad (I’ve got three legit recipes for it on the blog!) and this one, inspired by the Vietnamese sandwich masterpiece the Bahn Mi, comes together in a snap. The sweet pickled vegetables help handle the heat from the Sriracha, but if you are really wimpy about spice, a Dijon mustard could sub in for the hot sauce nicely.
Bahn Mi Chicken Salad, makes 6 servings
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 3/4 cup light canola oil mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, cucumber, sugar, vinegar, and salt. Let sit, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain all of the liquid off of the vegetables.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss until well-combined.
Click below to see what other Redux members cooked up this month…