I promised I wouldn’t leave y’all hanging on that great turkey salad from yesterday’s post.
All of my favorite recipes are plays on a traditional idea. Chicken salad is great, but turkey salad infused with Asian flavors is better. I’ve also got a Bahn Mi Chicken Salad recipe idea up my sleeve.
Green Curry Turkey Salad Yields: 6 servings; Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp minced galangal (Thai ginger)
- 2 Tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 lb cooked turkey breast, shredded or chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup roasted coconut chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ginger, curry paste, and fish sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and toss until well-combined.
- the roasted coconut chips give this creamy salad little pops of crunch and sweetness; if you can’t find them (I got mine at Trader Joe’s) it’s ok to use sweetened shredded coconut, but cut back to 2 Tbsp so the texture doesn’t get too stringy
- the flavor of galangal is a bit more intense than regular ginger so if you substitute it bump it up to a heaping Tbsp
- if you dislike the intensity of raw green onions, give them a quick saute rather than skipping them entirely
- I actually used Miracle Whip because we don’t buy regular mayo!