When I made this dish last weekend I was not planning on sharing the recipe, I just really wanted Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese.
But then I took my first bite and fell head-over-heels in love. Several of you requested the recipe on the blog and Instagram, and who am I to say no? This recipe is not, I repeat not healthy. But it is tasty, yummy, cheesy, spicy, decadent, comforting, and delicious.
And it gets even better leftover. Particularly when you steal cold bites from the casserole dish the next morning.
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese, serves 4
- 4 oz uncooked miniature shell pasta
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast; cubed
- 8 oz 1/3-reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup medium-strength Buffalo sauce
- 8 oz extra-sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Prepare a 8×8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat . Add chicken cubes to skillet, cover and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove cooked chicken from pan and reduce heat to medium. Place cream cheese, ranch dressing, and Buffalo sauce in skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until combined. Add all but a handful of the cheddar and stir until melted.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cooked chicken and pasta.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Top with blue cheese, remaining cheddar, and green onions.
- Bake 30 minutes.
What’s your favorite comfort food? Mine clearly all involve cheese!