The plan for dinner tonight comes from an old (like, September old) issue of Health magazine: Miso-Marinated Tofu and Eggplant Over Soba Noodles. You can click here to see the original recipe. However, make the original recipe we did not. Apparently the husband and I are both stupid. Like, seriously. And cheap. So to recap; click above for the original recipe and read below for our changes.
- I used 14oz of extra firm tofu
- I skipped the garlic
- I used evoo instead of peanut oil
- I skipped the sesame oil (I would not recommend this, I’m sure it imparted a great deal of flavor. We are too poor for nut oils though)
- I used 10 oz of bok choy instead of Napa cabbage (because that is what the husband bought when sent for cabbage ….. he’s going to be a doctor folks!)
- I used buckwheat noodles instead of soba noodles
Here’s what we ended up with –
It was actually quite tasty, although I can see how the sesame oil would take it over the top. I loved the stickiness of the buckwheat noodles!
For dessert I stuck a spoon into the last serving of Biscoff spread.
Do you own sesame oil? What sort of dishes do you use it in?