My alliteration obsession was the driving force behind this morning’s breakfast. Brought to you by the letter B –
led to –
led to –
Yum. This bowl contained
- 1/2 C blueberries
- 1/4 C wheatberries
- Stoneyfield Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt
- small banana
Some facts –
*Blueberries seem to be out of season now but I was still able to have fresh ones for this bowl. A month or so ago, when they were super cheap, I bought a few pints, washed them carefully, put them back in the fridge for a day to dry and then poured them into baggies and put them in the freezer. Last night I just poured from the baggie into my measuring cup, put the cup in the fridge, and this morning I had thawed fresh blueberries.
*Camile asked a question about wheatberries and they are pretty new to me too so I did some research
- A wheatberry is a wheat grain stripped of its outer hull to leave just the whole kernel
- They can be ground up to make wheat flour or you can cook them whole for use in dishes
- Nutrition is equivalent to that of whole wheat
- A cup of wheatberries has about 300 calories and is packed with protein, fiber, and iron
I think they are chewy and tasty, here are a few spots you can order them –
Today is one of the last low-key days before we have to actually start packing for the move. I am headed down the street to do some studying, I have to mail a box to my parents, we need to update our filing system and file our CPR certification, and we are planning on heading over to the Meat Packing District for lunch.
What is the best thing on your agenda today?