I know that this recipe has been on my blog for a while, but it is so flipping good that I had to highlight it again. Just look at the text Adam sent me after he tasted the burgers the other day –
The main thing that sucks about having a tiny, unknown blog is that people don’t see/make all of the recipes that I think are amazing. I promise, I’m a much better recipe creator than I am writer and photographer! So this post is my plea to you – try these jalopeño popper burgers for yourself. They are meaty and cheesy and just a little spicy.
My favorite way to eat them is on a bun with a little bit of Miracle Whip to cut the heat.
Jalopeño Popper Burgers, serves 6
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 6 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 6 oz sharp cheddar (optional)
- Combine turkey, cream cheese, minced peppers, and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Use your hands (get dirty!) to blend the mixture. It doesn’t need to be homogenous; the burgers are best with pockets of cream cheese.
- Spread oil evenly over a grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Split meat into six even balls and then flatten into patties and place on the grill pan. Cook through, about 7 minutes on each side.
- Optional – top cooked burgers with sharp cheddar and broil until the cheese melts.
P.S. Another burger plea; I entered a contest that I’m not going to win. If you could like and repin my Reuben Stuffed Turkey Burger recipe on Pinterest it would mean the world to me.
2 thoughts on “Jalapeño Popper Burgers”
Pingback: TV Dinner | Eating Chalk
I never won a damn thing until I won the baby lottery.