We have internet! And I cooked dinner in my oven! A banner night all around 🙂
On my walk home this afternoon I realize that it had been 6hours since breakfast and was going to be another 4 until dinner, definitely time for lunch! I made a stop into Subway.
I got a 6inch tuna salad sub with oil and vinegar and red onions. I think the combo of tuna salad and red onions is just to die for!
I got a meal (hello, fountain diet soda!) so I also got some Baked Lays.
I took me a while to get hungry but once I was I got HUNGRY! I also ate a serving of Goldfish,
and two cookies (yes in my Goldfish bowl, we have a tiny dishwasher I can’t be dirtying things left and right!).
Thankfully I was still hungry for dinner because dinner was a freaking masterpiece!
Every single component was through the roof tasty and the combination all together rocked my socks. Plus, you know any meatless meal that the husband raves about is a winner.
Unfried Green Tomatoes from Cooking Light,
and 2 deviled eggs, recipe below.
Made for quite the pleasing meal.
The husband is obsessed with deviled eggs and since I won a year’s worth of Eggland’s Best it’s hard to turn down his request. Tonight I tried out a new recipe that I thought up at the bar at Cheesecake Factory the other night;
Dirty Martini Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2T olive brine
- 2.5T blue cheese crumbles
- 2T mayo
- 6 pimento stuffed olives, halved
- Hard boil your eggs. My method is to place the eggs in water in a big pan, bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and cover for 15minutes. If you run cool water over the eggs when the time is up they will be easier to peel.
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
- Dump yolks into a medium bowl and mash together with brine, blue cheese, and mayo.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the whites and top each egg with an olive half.
I’ve got my 2nd shower of the day and I’ve promised my pack-mule of a mover husband a back massage. Then it’s off to bed so I can hopefully make it to an early morning tomorrow.
Deviled eggs; like ’em, love ’em, or hate ’em?
P.S. I apologize for the brain worm title, I’ll be singing that song all night too!