This pie has the warmth and comfort of a quiche without the bother of a crust. And it perfectly straddles the line between healthy and cheesy with a nice large serving. I’ve posted this recipe under “Breakfast,” but we regularly eat it for dinner.
Yields: 8 servings; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 13.75 can artichoke hearts in brine, drained
- 15 oz fat-free ricotta
- 1 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Prepare two 8-inch pie pans with baking spray.
- Get as much liquid as possible out of the both spinach and the artichoke hearts. If your artichoke pieces are large, break them up with the side of a fork.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well-combined.
- Pour into pie pans, filling each tin about 75% of the way full.
- Bake for 45 minutes. If you have a small oven, or an oven with hot spots, switch location of pie tins at the 20 minute mark.