Eggland’s Best (EB) recently invited recipe bloggers to participate in their 2013 Eggland’s Best Holiday Dessert Recipe Exchange. Each participant was to create an original dessert recipe, or re-imagine one of their favorite family desserts, using at least two whole EB eggs.
Chosen recipes will be featured on a special EB Holiday Recipe Exchange Pinterest board, as well as EB’s website and social media channels.
Bloggers were provided with a coupon for EB eggs and a gift pack (EB branded apron, whisk, spatula, ceramic bowl, bowl scraper, tote bag and a plush egg) to get them started.
The nutritional/product information in this post was provided by Eggland’s Best. Eggland’s Best sent me the coupon and gift pack and are providing a 2nd gift pack for one giveaway winner. I was not provided with further compensation for this post.
- 10 times more Vitamin E
- 4 times more Vitamin D
- More than double the Omega-3
- 25% less saturated fat
- 3 times more Vitamin B12
- 38% more lutein
*based on 3rd party testing
Yield: 12 brownies; Prep Time: 25 minutes; Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 22 sheets graham crackers (4 rectangles = 1 sheet)
- 8 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 6 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large EB eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2.5 cups mini marshmallows (I used peppermint swirl marshmallows!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place graham crackers in a large freezer baggie and bang at them like crazy with a rolling-pin or sturdy plastic cup. A few chunks are ok, but overall you want crumbs. Add 1/4 cup sugar to the bag and shake to combine.
- Place 8 Tbsp butter in an 8×8 inch baking dish. Microwave until completely melted.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into melted butter and stir until all of the crumbs are wet. Press the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish with a fork. Set aside.
- Place baking chocolate and 6 Tbsp butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
- Stir 1 cup sugar into chocolate-butter mixture. Set aside and allow bowl to cool for 3-5 minutes so you don’t’ scramble your eggs.
- Stir eggs and vanilla extract in melted chocolate.
- Fold flour into batter. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Carefully pour batter over graham cracker crust, using a spatula to spread to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. You want the brownies to be cooked through before you add the marshmallows so check the doneness with a toothpick at 25 minutes and continue accordingly. Evenly spread marshmallows on top of brownies and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in the fridge but serve warmed or at room temperature.
Eggland’s Best will provide one winning reader with an EB goody bag including an EB spatula, tote, whisk, bowl scraper, plush egg, and coupon. For a chance to win, simply leave a comment on this post by 2 pm EST on Monday, January 6th. US Residents only, no PO boxes.