Exciting news – on Saturday I officially graduated from my final undergrad experience with a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics!!! I guess I shouldn’t say officially, since I skipped graduation to hang out with Adam and his brother, but I’ve got a diploma coming in the mail any day now. I didn’t need to walk again, I did that with my first undergrad degree. <– blush
Besides, we already had our ceremonial, holding back tears, class goodbye. On Friday, one of our teachers sweetly hosted a goodbye lunch for our whole 18-person Coordinated Program at her home. My friend and I brought jello shots! The afternoon gets a little hazy after that, but I do remember everyone raving over the other thing I brought: peanut butter s’mores layer bars.
I know, I know; I’m having a weird obsession with layer bars lately. These guys are worth the repeat though. The combo of peanut butter and s’more is to die for, and they come together in a snap. Modeled after 7-layer bars, they are chewy, gooey perfection.
Peanut Butter S’mores Layer Bars, makes 25 squares
- 11 graham cracker sheets, crushed
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Place butter in a 9×9 inch baking dish in the pre-heating oven until melted.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into melted butter, mix together with a fork, and press into a thin, even layer in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle peanuts, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips in an even layer over the crust, alternating ingredients so they are mixed together rather than in layers. Top with marshmallows. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the sweetened condensed milk no longer looks soupy.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares. You can serve these right away, but if there is a time gap I recommend storing them in the freezer so that they get nice and firm.