This post was pre-written. Emily is not here right now, she’s at summer school. She’ll be at summer school from 8:00 – 4:30, five days a week, for the next four weeks.
Let’s think about something more pleasant, shall we? Like s’mores.
Or better yet, s’mores cookies. S’mores Monster Cookies.
You can never go wrong with s’mores! And here the peanut butter, oats, marshmallow combination works like a dream.
I took these to the bbq yesterday and got rave reviews. I asked the husband to help me describe them and got – “the best f**king cookies ever.” Not helpful, but thank you!
I used these neat Jet Puffed Vanilla Mallow Bits for my cookies. But I imagine that mini marshmallows would work as well.
S’mores Monster Cookies, yields 12 monster-sized cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 sheets graham crackers, roughly crumbled
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Jet Puffed Vanilla Mallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line ungreased baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. In order – add sugars, vanilla, baking soda, butter, and peanut butter, mixing well.
- Use a spatula to fold in oats, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, and mallow bits.
- Scoop dough with a 1/4 cup measuring cup and roll into balls. Evenly space four balls per baking sheet.
- Bake 13 – 15 minutes until browned.