I typically don’t do memes like this but one of my good blog friends, Teacher Girl, tagged me and I just couldn’t resist. Plus, it’s nice to have a little prewritten content for my looong school day. I’ll be back tomorrow.
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
Go to their page and tell them you linked him or her.
No tag backs.
No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You have to legitimately tag 11 people.
11 Things About Me
I’m going to assume that I have gotten at least a few new readers over the past year or so and I’m going to stick with the basics. I apologize if these are redundant for any of you!
1. I was born and raised in the US Virgin Islands, on the Island of St. Thomas.
2. In the VI, I learned how to drive on the LEFT side of the road. When I moved to Miami for college and started driving in the states, I had to chant “right is right, right is right” every time I made a turn.
3. On my sixteenth birthday, I was the first person under-18 to sky dive in the state of Pennsylvania.
4. I have two tattoos. A star next to my left hip and a tramp stamp in the outline of a bow. Both are tiny.
5. I drew the outline for my bow tattoo myself. I went in with an idea of what I wanted and when I couldn’t find it in the books at the shop, I quickly drew an example. I thought my drawing was pretty good and I ended up just using that!
6. When I’m at home, I’m naked more often than not.
7. When I was in high school, “Dirty Dancing” played on TBS all of the time. I fell in love and watched it every time I could, at least 10 viewings in one year.
8. Because of my love for it, a friend rented “Dirty Dancing” to play at a sleep-over. As we watched I mouthed along with the dialogue until … we got to a sex scene I had never seen. I didn’t know that TBS showed an edited version and I’d never seen the full movie!
9. My celebrity meetings (ie I spoke to them for at least 45 seconds or more) include Mariska Hargitay, Dave Chapelle, and Keanu Reeves. Keanu Reeves and I actually spoke for 10 minutes or so; when he was shooting “Henry’s Crime” here in Buffalo one of my friends was the liaison between the movie crew and the bank they used for the big scenes.
10. When I was in 5th grade I went through a major Doc Martins phase. On an island. It wasn’t pretty.
11. When I was a kid, President Bill Clinton drove past our house. One of the cars in his entourage had to stop because they almost ran over our dog!
1. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
Temperance Brennan from Kathy Reichs’ novels because she is a bad-ass forensic anthropologist (one of my dream careers!).
2. If you were going to move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
In the summer of 2013 I am going to move to , because that is where Adam will be matched for his residency. If I have my druthers, that blank will be filled in with Miami or Brooklyn.
3. What is something embarrassing that happened to you that you now think is funny?
Last semester, in the middle of a class I spilled a full cup of diet coke. The cup went flying straight into my friend Kim’s purse! Thankfully nothing really spilled and her stuff was alright, but my face was so red!
4. What do you do when you have “nothing to do?”
Blog read. And spend time on Pinterest!
5. What was the last book you read?
One of Kathy Reichs’ Temperance Brennan novels.
6. What are the top 5 songs on your playlist right now?
- Sexy and I Know It – LMFAO
- Soldier – Ingrid Michaelson
- Fearless – Cyndi Lauper
- Hey Man (Now You’re Really Living) – The Eels
- New Slang – The Shins
7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
10 pairs of sandals (all Ginger style Reefs), 3 pairs of heels, 12 pairs of flats, 5 pairs of sneakers (including running shoes, Vans, and KangaROOs), and 4 pairs of boots (that includes children’s snow boots and rain boots). Yikes, that sounds like a lot! But 99% of them are 6 years old or older.
8. Never have I ever…
9. If _____ showed up at my door…
If President Obama showed up at my door, I’d be sure to keep a close eye on Webster!
10. What is something you are afraid of?
Dark parking lots. If I have to walk to my car alone at night I leap into the front seat so that a creeper hiding beneath my car won’t have time to grab my feet. And then I thoroughly check the back seat.
11. Tell me something wonderful that happened to you this week (or month, ya know, if it has been a bad week).
We started Vegan Month on Wednesday and I am so excited that the husband is taking the challenge with me.
People I’m Tagging
- Food, Sweat, and Beers
- Fitness NYC
- Meals and Moves
- Please Don’t Weigh Me At The Zoo
- Bran Appetit
- Table for Glasses
- Yes, I Want Cake
- Turn Towards The Sun
- Accidentally Vegan
- A Taste of Confidence
- The Frozen Pineapple
My Questions to You
1. You can fly anywhere in the world to eat one item of food. Where do you go and what do you eat?
2. How many songs are in your i-Tunes library?
3. How many states have you lived in? How many have you visited?
4. If you could be any TV character, who would you be and why?
5. If you had to change careers tomorrow, what new job would you want to do?
6. If you had to pick one food to give up for the rest of your life what would you pick? What would you pick to have to eat every day for the rest of your life?
7. How many blogs are in your GoogleReader?
8. How many children do you want to have? How many siblings did you grow up with?
9. (If tv was still good…) would you rather be on Real World or Road Rules? Why?
10. Which fashion/hair/make-up trend did you participate in that you wish you’d skipped?
11. What physical attribute do you love most about yourself?
Readers – pick one or two of my questions to answer in the comments section!