I know it’s a big claim.
And I know these cookies don’t seem like much. The recipe is at best, simple (it’s basically the traditional recipe), and at worst, strange (there’s no egg!).
But I promise, these are the best chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever eat.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies You’ll Ever Eat, makes 24 small cookies
- 4 marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 – 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Prepare cookie sheets with baking spray.
- Place marshmallows on prepared cookie sheet at bake for 2 – 3 minutes, until just beginning to brown. Set aside to cool.
- Use a mixer to cream together butter and sugars. Beat in vanilla and toasted marshmallows.
- Stir in flour and baking soda. Stir in milk, a 1/2 Tbsp at a time, until dough is wet enough to work with. Remember, chocolate chip cookie dough is pretty dry normally, you’re not looking for cake batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pinch off pieces of dough that are approximately 2 tsp-worth. Roll into a balls and place in even rows on prepared cookie sheets. Cookies will flatten as they bake, but they won’t spread much.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until edges are starting to brown. Since there is no raw egg in this recipe, you can feel free to go a little underdone if you’d like.